Wednesday, March 25, 2009

LOST and Beef Taco Skillet

If anyone is a Lost fan, you have to let me know so we can discuss what is happening! I LOVE LOST! It doesn't hurt that I get to stare at this pretty face every Wednesday night either....

Ohhh...Jack...YES...you are HANDSOME!!!! So anyway...I have been noticing a receipe that keeps popping up in my Better Homes and Garden magazine. I had to try it.

It's called "Beef Taco Skillet."



1 lb of meat

1 can of Campbells Tomato Soup

1 packet of Taco Seasoning

1/2 cup of water

1/2 cup of salsa

6 flour tortillas cut into 1" squares ( I used a pizza cutter and it got it cut in 30 seconds!)

1 can of beans (optional)

1/2 cup of sour cream (optional, this makes it creamy)

1 small can of green chiles (optional)

Cheese ( I used the fiesta mix, but you can use whatever you like)



1. Brown the meat, drain off your fat (not literally YOUR fat, I wish I could drain off MY fat, but until we figure out how to do that drain off the MEAT fat!)

2. Add the taco seasoning, soup, water, salsa, tortillas, beans, sour cream and chiles. Stir until it has been WELL stirred.

3. Let it sit until it comes to a boil. Turn down to low for 5 minutes. Add your cheese and turn up the heat until it melts.

4. Serve it on your plates with lettuce, tomatoes, more salsa...whatever suits you!


5. Now, sit back...relax...and watch Matthew Fox do his thing out there on that mysterious island..... :0)


This is truely comfort food!


Here are 2 shots of the girls today!





2 comments:

Raina's Retreat said...

Looks Yummy! Can't wait until I can eat food like that again.

Beaubecky said...

That looks so good! I am SO going to try it!!!!