Sunday, April 19, 2009

How Was Your Week?

A lot happend in our family last week. Starting in April, it gets REALLY busy around here. It usually doesn't let up until after school is out. Which by the way I only have 28 days left! I am so ready. Like I always say...I love my job, but I LOVE being with my kids MORE. If I could be a stay at home mom, you wouldn't see me at work tomorrow. But, I have a great job and that is so much to be thankful for because so many people are struggling right now.
My goal is to post something everyday this week, from last week! I get so busy at nights, so we'll see what happens. Today I thought I would start with Easter. We had a wonderful time! I hope your family did too! This was a special Easter because it was Kate's first Easter. Both girls had a good time, even if it did rain. We had our family cookout and egg hunt the day before when the weather was nice. Abby hunted eggs, and we would hide them again...she'd hunt them again...then she would hide them for us, and we would find them. Later when we got home, we were going through the eggs and seeing what was inside of them. We found some quarters in some. Boy did she hit the jackpot! That is one thing I remember most about the egg hunt when I was younger. My grandma would put quarters in about 3 of the eggs and it was always a big race to find the eggs with the quarters. Boy did we love hunting for those eggs!
Was there anything special hidden in your eggs when you were little?
So I had to put this picture in here. This was after my attempt to take a million pictures. I wanted to get a really good one of both girls together. Normally, when I try to do that I have Abby sit there and smile while we try to get Kate all situated. As you can see, Kate was sick of taking pictures and wanted to get away! Of course, Abby thought it was hilarious!

Kate loves to stand up! She is doing so good. She can go from any position. She is walking now too! She started that a couple of weeks back. Now, she is taking anywhere between 5 -10 steps at a time. Then she gets lazy and drops down to start crawling :)

Abby found the "golden egg" at church and got these sunglasses. She was so proud!

Abby loves to pose for the camera :)

Eating those fingers!

Thought this one was cute :)

I wish I took good pictures like this!

Here they are looking at their Easter goodies from the Easter bunny.

Goofy girls!

This was the best picture of BOTH of them together all day. Abby is holding one of her Easter eggs she dyed. I don't know why she is holding it up like that. I guess she's proud?!?!

See what I mean...Abby smiles...Kate...not cooperating!

Awwww...sooooo much eaiser at 5!

We had an Easter egg hunt over at my aunt's house. She bought this little wagon for Kate and Selah (my cousin's baby) Selah is about 7 months. As you can see, Abby liked it more than Selah!

Here is Abby dying Easter eggs. We have to do it outside every year because we always end up spilling something!


EVERYTHING goes in her mouth!

I love this shot!

Kate hunted eggs too! Here she is getting one out of the flowers.

And of course the master Easter egg finder...We hid eggs at our house all week to get ready for the "BIG" hunt!


Finding more eggs!





No I don't torture my poor child. I just like pictures! Why can't she?



Easter Bunny Abby

2 comments:

Raina's Retreat said...

Shanna, your girls are soo beautiful. I just put my girl down and she is sleeping in that same brown and pink polka dot outfit. I really loved your little one's easter dress. How absolutely adorable!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. You do such a great job of documenting all the fun things y'all do as a family! Glad you had a good Easter!