Monday, August 17, 2009

Not me!


OK...it's time again for Mckmama's "Not Me" Monday!
When I was putting up clothes Saturday in Kate's closet, I did not dress her in one of the outfits that I was about to hang up because I didn't want to take the time to walk 10 feet into Abby's room and get one of her hangers because Kate was out of them. I would not put my toddler in the same outfit that she wore the day before when she has soooo many clothes in her closet that I can barely fit another outfit in there... that would be just shameful. Not me!
I did not for the second week in a row skip church on Sunday night to watch "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire." And I do not have a crush on Regis!!! Not me!
After seeing me for numerous weeks in my ghetto and falling apart black sandals, watching me walk around with only one sandal (because one of them fell apart) of the outside of our church looking for "The Promise Land" with my Wednesday night kids group, and reading about my pitiful Wal-Mart journey in my last post, my good friend Kacee did not take pity on me and go out and buy me not one, but TWO pairs of black sandals! Not me! (I love you Kacee!)
And ...after buying me those two pairs of sandals, I did not carry one of those pairs of sandals in my purse Sunday morning because I was afraid that my black heels would hurt my feet to much by the end of church! Not me!
One night last week Michael was playing racquetball and I had put the girls to bed, so I was alone...in the living room...with the TV remote all to myself. I did not use that precious, rare moment to watch "Sonny with a Chance" on the Disney Channel....and really enjoyed it! I would never do that by MYself...voluntarily...Not me!
After hearing the "8 Point Lesson Plan" that I'm going to have to start writing for every single lesson, I did not actually consider that maybe I won't last another 21 years in teaching before I can retire. Because I feel like I'm fresh out of college! So young and excited about EVERYthing! Not me!
And....during our family game night, Michael and I did not get so irritated with each other that he got up in the middle of our game, stomp off like a 2 year old, and refuse to play with me! Not HIM!!!! And I did not think that I did permanent damage to our daughter who had to witness how immature we both were....Not us!
And there you have it...this week's edition of Not Me Monday!
***I'm really going to try and get on here and post some pictures of Abby's 1st day of Kindergarten this week! :(

1 comments:

fourkidsmom said...

Shanna, I love reading your blog and seeing all the pictures. Even though I get to see you and your family at church, I still love your blog.