Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Kate!

Ok...for some reason my pictures are in front of everything I wrote. I've done that before and I have always been able to move it. It's not working right now. You can enjoy these pictures of Kate's 1st birthday and then read about after! Enjoy!

Kate was upset here because she couldn't reach her balloons.




This was after her party. She was just laying there looking at stuff :)

Here was her cake after she "ate" it.


Don't you just love the cake all in her fingers?!?!





We started out just barely touching the cake.

About to blow out the candle.



I loved her cake.


In the pictures her cake looked really small, but it wasn't.


Abby wrapped Kate a gift from her. I had no idea what it was. It turned out to be a book (that was actually my book when I was a little, little girl that I gave Abby) and a stuffed little dog. Kate loved it!




I meant to post this about a month ago, but like I've said...it's been busy! My baby had her 1st birthday on June 9. It is so hard to believe that it has been 1 year since I had her. She looks so different than she did when I first laid eyes on her. When she was born she had this curly, DARK brown hair and she looked like a little Indian baby. As you can now see, it is NOT dark brown. It's blondish with a red tint to it. She got that red tint from me. Everytime I go in to get my hair highlighted, Jody, my stylist, says that I have a red tint to my hair and I say GET IT OUT!!!! No offense to people with red tints of any way in their hair, but it just doesn't flatter me at all! Back to Kate...her hair is still curly when it is wet and if I would let it dry withOUT combing it, it would curl. But it's not a pretty curl, more of a messy wave, therefore I brush it when it's wet. We have come so far to the little one who had that little cry and would ball her fists up. Actually she still does cry and ball her fists up, but the cry now is MUCH louder. She has quite the little temper (she in NO way gets that from me! ha) that matches that red tint in her hair! She also no longer looks like a little Indian baby, she is very fair skinned!

She had a wonderful birthday and a lot of fun.

What are you doing at a year old Kate?
Hmmm....let's see....
*You go to sleep at 8:00 and wake up anywhere between 7:00 and 8:00.
*You take 2 naps a day - one around 10:00 and one around 1:00 or 2:00. You take one really good nap that lasts about 2 hours and the other nap usually lasts about an hour.
*You are walking VERY good! You don't fall as much as you used to!
*You like people food! You love chicken, oranges, mac and cheese, and grilled cheese.
*You LOVE breakfast. I think it's your favorite meal. You have milk, a blueberry pancake, and a ceral bar.
*You love your sister. You really look up to her and want to do what she does.
*You get into EVERYTHING! I have to close all doors except yours because you will get into it all.
*You love taking baths and also showers:)
*You love our dogs, especially Dixie. I can ask "Where's Dixie?" and you will run to the door and knock on it so you can see her.
*You like your ki-ki (pacifer). I was thinking the other night how MUCH you like and how HARD it will be to get rid of it.
*You love to go outside.
*You will not stay in the nursery at church. You cry and cry.
*You don't like strangers.
*You love to wave hi and bye to people.
*You can say hi, momma, dadda, bog(dog), and abbbb (abby)
*You weigh 20 lbs 14 oz
*You are 31 inches tall
*You were very brave for your 1 year shots.
*You are an absolute joy and your daddy and I wish that you would stay this age for awhile!
We LOVE you Katelyn Rose! Happy 1st Birthday!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So precious! That cake was adorable. Looks like y'all had a wonderful party! Happy (late) 1st b-day, Kate!