Thursday, July 16, 2009

Vampires, Edward, and Twilight...Oh My!!!

Summer time is really the only time I get to read books that are appropriate for my age (or around my age). Since I'm a teacher I spend my day reading picture books and kids chapter books and then the same thing at night with the girls. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but sometimes it's nice to be able to read a book that is more on my own level. My friend Becca has been telling us girls at work about the Twilight book series. I was like yeah I don't want to read those, vampires are really not my thing. I'm more of a Nicholas Sparks or Mary Higgins Clark type girl. She kept saying oh no...it's not like what you're thinking at all. She just loved these books!

Well...I saw the movie, and I thought it was good, but not the best thing I have ever seen. I was disappointed in a way and was kinda wandering what all the hype was about. So I went to work and told Becca that I had seen the movie and it was OK. She was asking me some questions, and she just kept saying that in the book you really get into Bella's head and what she is thinking. I told her I would read them this summer.
So, after Disney World and church camp with the kids I bought Twilight. Oh my goodness! I could say that word over and over again because it doesn't even BEGIN to describe how I felt about this book. It was wonderful!!!!! I couldn't put it down and had it read in 2 days. I read at night after the girls were asleep and when Kate was taking naps and Abby was playing on her own. So, this book
was my new favorite book. I was obsessed. I quickly ran (or drove, ha!) to the store and bought this

New Moon...which is the 2nd book. I was a little disgusted at first with it because (I won't give too much away about it if you haven't read it) there was one character who was in it a whole lot more than what I would have liked because this character kinda annoyed me. It was still very good, got me deeper into Bella's story until I had to quickly go get this


the 3rd book...Eclipse. I loved this one. When you start reading these, it makes you really look at your spouse and for me it made me just fall in love with Michael all over again. I know that sounds so silly and high schoolish, but it really did. This is a classic love story, and I just loved reading it. So after Eclipse, and my eyes about falling out of my head because they were sooooo tired from reading, yes I ran again to go get this

Breaking Dawn...the 4th and last book in the series. Like I said before I don't want to give anything away so all I will say is **sighhhhhh** it was wonderful! I'm so sad that there is not a 5th book to dive into and read. I do hear that there is one on the Internet that is from Edward's point of view. Someone asked me if I was Team Edward or Team Jacob...well if there HAS to be a choice...I am most definitely


is there really any other choice girls???

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Shanna, I'm only half way through New Moon and I will agree with you about that certain character that is slightly annoying! I'm hooked!

Raina's Retreat said...

I read these last summer after hearing a school secretary talk about it while I was on an interview. I can't wait until NOVEMBER. Yeah, I was about ready to give up on the second book but I'm glad I stuck with it.

The Family Marsico said...

www.stepheniemeyer.com for outtakes from books 1 and 2 and a partial draft of book 5, Midnight Sun (Twilight from Edward's perspective). Well worth it.

Anonymous said...

I loved them all so much...especially Breaking Dawn. And of course I'm on Team Edward.

We missed you last weekend-- wish we could have caught up!